Ex.1 'Driving from...looked'
1. Where was she 'Driving' to and who was with her?
2. What figure of speech has the poet used in line 6-7?
3. With reference to the extract, what was it that she 'realised with pain'?
Ex.2. '...but soon...pale'
1. What 'thought' did she put away?
2. How do the images of the 'trees sprinting' and 'merry children' contrast with that of the mother?
3. Describe the appearance of the mother according to line 16?
Ex.3. '...as a late winter's moon....smile....'
1. What figure of speech has the poet used in line 18?
2. What 'familiar ache' is the poet talking about? Why is it 'familiar'?
3. How honest was the poet when she said, 'see you soon Amma.'
4. Identify the figure of speech in lines 23-24. Why has the poet used this particular figure of speech?