Sunday 24 September 2017

Golden Jumping Spider

I have been taking particular interest in spiders found moving around on top of the potted plants in the verandah of my house, but today I spotted a strange looking spider no bigger than a grain of wheat, in fact, it must have been smaller. What made this spider distinct from all the others I have seen was its golden coat and almost translucent limbs. When I looked closer, I noticed that it had a rather colourful torso made up of pink, black and golden notes. The spider could also take giant leaps in a split second. I tried to take a few snaps of it from the front, but then it seemed to be rather shy. Nevertheless, I have pasted below a few photographs of this rather tiny, beautiful creature.








Could this be a new sub-species of the leaping spider? This question would probably best be answered by experts! 




No comments:

Post a Comment