Monday 3 September 2018

Antics of a Crow Pheasant at the Basai Wetland


Nothing can be funnier than the antics of a Crow Pheasant trying to slip by you in order to get to where that tasty morsel can be found. I was fascinated by this particular Crow Pheasant that hid behind some bushes thinking I could not see it! I stood quietly where I was having spotted and was rewarded with some really funny antics! I have pasted below the sequence of the Crow Pheasant slipping past me.




In the above snap, you can see that the Crow Pheasant has finally managed to get itself a bit of fish in its beak, probably to feed its chicks in a nest nearby. It went away only to return, this time with a leap, a bound and a flight!





I was able to photograph this Crow Pheasant or Greater Coucal at the Basai Wetland which I visited recently.





No comments:

Post a Comment