Thursday 4 July 2019

Susurration-A Poem





The sky burns above,
Pin-pricks of jewels glitter in the 
Velvet spread, even as
The camp does sleep!

On the ground darkness 
Does prevail, shrouding everything
In unexpected latency.
I feel a presence.

The sky burns above, a
Meteor flashes past, a brief
Streak of brightness, disappearing
 In a blink, even as they sleep!

I feel a presence as I
Walk around, the darkness hiding.
What might be out there? 
So I decide to return.

While the world does sleep,
 The moths do rest, the sky does glow,
The moths do rest. The sky speaks
Of worlds out there.

I feel a presence in the
Velvet cloak that covers the ground even
As the stars do glow. I decide
To return to my restful sleep.

But something stops me
From returning, a thrill a tremor, that draws
Me on. I shiver as I look once more
At a star-studded sky!

And the world does sleep,
Oblivious of the fiery action unfolding 
Above, a magic moment lost to
Those that snore and toss!

No comments:

Post a Comment