Thursday 30 January 2020

Teal Factory


I did not know that Common Teal duck could have such a beautiful colour scheme. The blue-green colour scheme on its head, a green speculum, a white line below and above its eyes makes the male distinct from the female. It was a joy to photograph the ducks when I visited the Sultanpur National Park this January. 



Looking further into the distance I was able to spot a whole flock of these ducks dozing in the weak winter sun, probably too lazy to move around! I was to notice that they seemed to stand out from the clutter because of their distinct colour scheme. Perhaps, the beauty industry could take tips from these birds about eye-makeup.


I spotted this pair a little apart from the others even as they seemed to be cosying up. They apparently did not seem to be bothered about being photographed by me. Yes, it did take me some time in identifying these ducks as Common Teal Ducks.



No comments:

Post a Comment