Sunday 29 September 2024

My Encounter with Wild Boars in Gurugram

Yesterday, I almost came under attack from a female wild-boar in the Chandu-Budhera location! This happened while I was returning from the Najafgarh lake when I decided to make  look-see in the area where the reservoirs are located. I had just parked my motorcycle under the shade of a tree and was waking down a narrow trail when I spotted horizontally striped creatures. I froze on the spot and was shocked to spot a huge female wild boar, and then another two chaperoning their offspring. They were huge monsters, and I knew that they could tear apart. It was a big surprise to find wild boars in the area. Wild boars, incidentally, are ferocious beasts and they can provide a tough fight even to large predators.

Anyway, the three females and their offspring crossed over and I continued on my trek. A little later I came to an abrupt halt, having spotted the larger of the three female wild-boars. She was a menacing dark monster of a beast with a ferocious expression, part of one ear torn away, a testimony of one or more deadly duels! I froze to the spot once again, and even as I stood my ground, the huge beast took a couple of steps towards me! Somehow, I managed to stand still, knowing well that the moment I fled, she would be on my back! After a few moments of the standoff, she left the scene, however, I did not move from the spot as a sixth sense warned me not to move away. A little while later, the same wild boar returned to the spot. She glared at me for a couple of moments and then left.

I made haste to where my motorcycle was parked and made good my exit from the area. Later when I thought about the whole episode I reasoned that the wild boar would have attacked me had I turned my back on her. She would have sensed my fear and attacked me. This was an important lesson for me. Apparently, most animals would attack human beings once who fled the spot riven my fear and panic. The moral of the lesson is that one needs to stay calm, never to panic and if possible stay still. 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you Rodrick Sir for sharing this experience with us. Salute to your courage not only for staying calm but also that you clicked pictures.

    ReplyDelete