Tuesday 22 June 2010

Apocalypse-a poem


I gave you a world full of green,and Lo,
Now you have ruined it!

A gift of Mountains white
And glaciers bursting
And Crystal streams sparkling!
Mighty trees standing
Tall and proud! And deep
Blue-green lakes full of Tranquility!

You have turned my gift
Into stinking over-flowing
Crowded cities, cities where
People tread on each other’s
Toes, cities with the stink
Of diesel and petrol fumes!
You have turned my crystal streams
Into sluggishly moving streams of sewage,
And my lakes into
Cess-pits of filth!

Where have my mighty trees
Gone? The guardians of the
World? Those mighty guardians
Have you now vanquished
And lo, in their place
Have you erected tall sky-scrapers
That are ugly weak, pathetic
Exclamation marks on the horizon!

Greedy, selfish Man, what,,
Do you now play god to
Remake the world in your image?
What, you being so miserable,
And Pathetic,what kind of a
World could you make? I
gave you a gift, and now you
Have ruined it, and to add
Injury to insult, you have
Turned my gift into something
Horrible and ugly!

I gave you a blue planet,
A green planet, but now you
Have turned it into a scorched
Planet of advancing deserts!
Mighty Sol pours fire from the Heavens,
Because of what you have done!

Global warming, pollution,
Green-House gases are your forte! So,
Why, my friend do you test my
Patience and add injury to insult?
You still have time to reform
Yourself, but time and patience
Are running out, beware of my
Wrath for if I am a forgiving
Lord, I can also be the Wrath-
Full God of Sodom and Gomorrah,
The God who flooded the world
In Noah’s times!

1 comment:

  1. DIS IS REALLY GUD SIR.............HATS OF......
    IT WOULD BRING AWARENESS AMONG PEOPLE........
    WHO WERE DESTROYING OUR GREEN AND CLEAN PLANET..
    "THE EARTH"
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete