Monday 12 August 2024

Photographing Pairs of Birds

Bickering Kingshishers

It is a great joy to photograph pairs of birds, especially when they are communicating with each other. If I could tag the photographs, I would tag them as bickering birds! Recently when I visited the Chandu Budhera area, I was able to photograph a pair of Kingfishers deliberately trying to fool me about the whereabouts of their nest. The nest, incidentally was in a hole burrowed in the sides of the canal that feeds one of the reservoirs that supplies Gurgaon's drinking water.


It looked as if these Kingfisher birds were arguing about why one of them had been careless enough to lead me to their nest. But then, spotting one Kingfisher is great but spotting two is exceptional! In the same way, spotting a Peacock is great, but then spotting a couple of them is rare. I was able to spot a pair of Peacocks, that too on my terrace was a great joy.





Intimate moments such as these can only be captured on a few occasions. The relationship of these birds might offer us human beings a lesson in relationships!



No comments:

Post a Comment