When I visited the Chandu Budhera wetland, I did not expect to spot flamingos in such large numbers. I had assumed that at most I would spot Sarus Cranes, and so I took the wrong lens! I carried a 70-300 mm lens instead of a 600 mm lens. The result? Well, I was too far away from the birds to take any decent pictures. Instead, I had to content myself with the very idea of spotting so many of these birds.
The entire far side of the wetland was chock-a-block with Flamingos! You could stand there for hours and enjoy the sight, if not snap photographs.
While Flamingos are usually spotted in the area during the winter months, spotting them during the summer season might be unusual. The reason why Flamingos settle at the Chandu Budhera Wetland is that the latter lies on the floodplains of the Sahibi River; therefore, it is rich in nutrients.
No comments:
Post a Comment