Tuesday 12 September 2023

Rare Eustala Spider Photographed in School

Just today while I was looking closely at a few bushes and plants in school I came across what I thought was a Moth, however, when I looked closely, I realised that what I was seeing was a spider mimicking a moth! It is amazing how clever and intelligent spiders are though this was the first time I was seeing a spider that had deliberately contorted itself to look like a moth. This a rare spider called Eustslia spider an Orb Wweaver spider, according to Dr. Saraswat. This is a poisonous spider that can cause toxic reaction in those who come into contact with it.










After I had done photographing this master of mimicry, my attention was drawn towards two other bugs (that I have yet to identify) literally facing off.





2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for sharing such wonderful photographs. The upper ones are the pictures of ORB WEB SPIDER, called as Eustala spider. The Genus is confirmed, but l couldn't find out the species. The last picture is of larger female and smaller male bugs, called as Megacopta cribraria perhaps. Do they stink? Anyway, it is marvelous photography and you are a perfect photographer. Please record, videos in the future.

    ReplyDelete