Saturday 9 September 2023

Macro Photography of Bees

It is said that when the bees go, human beings will follow! I have always been fascinated by bees, apart from times when I was stung! Looking at those money bags on their legs bulging with honey is a rare sight. The photographs I am sharing in this post were taken in my school while wandering around in my free time. I used a Canon EFS 18-55 mm lens and a Canon 1300D body.

I used a shutter speed of 1/200 because that is the maximum sync speed between the flash and an f-stop number of 16 to 22. I use a fill in flash to fill in the shadows and get as close as possible to the bees. Using a dedicated macro lens might give sharper images.



Tripods are not for me, therefore I need to be as steady as possible while taking a close-up photograph of a bee. The problem with tripods is that they are unwieldy and bees never stay in one place for long! Having the sun in the right direction is of a great help. 



1 comment: