Sunday 25 February 2018

Courtship Ritual of Sarus Cranes







The photograph below was taken in September 2019. It shows a couple of Sarus cranes serenading, or dancing and singing in perfect unison. This is an amazing sight for all. The two birds are so perfectly synchronised that one might be confused about what one is actually seeing. I have never seen such a photograph, that too from such an angle in the whole world of photography, at least not yet! To appreciate the photograph, click on it and try to zoom in!



Just yesterday, the 24th of February I was able to get really close to a pair of Sarus Cranes that were courting at the Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary. It was simply out of this world! Sarus Cranes, Scientific name: Antigone antigone, pair for life! These birds are endemic to India. They are huge birds and have a red band around their heads. Needless to say, these are very beautiful and majestic birds. I would suggest that there is a lot we can learn from them, especially that one should continue romancing one's beloved all one's life!






The photograph I have posted below was taken much later in September 2019 when I got to visit the Sultanpur National Park. Needless to say, it was a most spell-binding enthralling and mesmerizing display of love and togetherness! For some reason, my latest photographs are not being listed by Google, nor are my posts so I decided to post these latest photographs for the benefit of my readers.



For more:


No comments:

Post a Comment