Saturday 29 November 2014

Vignettes from the Kite Runner – The story before the actual performance


PB220455
When on the occasion of Language month it was decided that  Vikram Sinha should direct a play based on vignettes from Khalid Hosseini’s Kite Runner, I decided to focus on the preparation rather than the final product. For this to be possible, I decided to spend the day with Vikram and the students of grade nine one Saturday. What I experienced what the Magic of the Director at work and the dedication and patience of the students who kept trying their best even though they were tired by the end of the day! All this while, their two teachers were busy shopping for costumes required  by the culture depicted in the novel. I could finally relate to the performance on the twenty-eighth because I had seen the practice sessions and the pain and frustration when things didn’t go very well during practice. I got a second chance to observe the students and Vikram practice but then that was only for a couple of hours. Without saying more, I have pasted a few snaps of what I saw, since, well you know, pictures speak louder than words!
PB220419
PB220465
PB220470

PB220509
PB220520

PB220441

No comments:

Post a Comment