Wednesday 23 November 2011

Green Pastures of Life


So have I left the green pastures of life,
Seeking adventure in a land barren of life!
The desert sands roll on till the line of sight,
To grow a blossom full bright on the site!

The dunes of sand roll on and on,
The land barren of life, methinks on,
Was it foolhardy to leave a life so rich,
Folly it is to grow wheat on sands so rich!

The people so lazy and so complacent,
That they stir not from their shells so recent,
Of a new life so full of wonders know they not,
But to laze and doze be their wont!

So think I of a life lost in greenery,
To cajole them to wake to a life of creativity,
Be a thought imaginary,
Futile be my wish for a life of activity!

So tell I them to live a life of trust,
But my words drift in sands of mistrust,
For a people so filled with distrust,
Of whom may I trust?

So tell me my friends whom I trust,
“Why waste you your time on fools,
Who while their time in speculation,
Of what the sand of time might deliver?”

Seek I to ope the eyes of those who sleep,
Of a life of prosperity!
But choose they a life of sleep,
To doze while the harvest rots!

For so might the sands yield,
A harvest so rich and grand.
For to work hard and hard,
Might grant them a life so grand!

But the sands of laziness,
Binds them to live of leisure,
Know ye of the grasshopper,
Which sang while the ant toiled.

But yet may I turn the desert sands,
Into a land so rich,
Toil I alone to turn the sands so rich,
That my people might feed so rich!

I lament of their life filled with folly
And pride, for what might they not gain,
With hard work and struggle!
Together may we turn the sand to fields so rich!



No comments:

Post a Comment